Maha Kamal, Esq.
Maha Kamal, Esq. was born in Aurora, Colorado and is everything Colorado. She graduated with honors from the International Baccalaureate program at Smoky Hill High School in 2003. She then went on to obtain her Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs from the University of Colorado at Boulder as well as her Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Denver. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for Lighthouse Writer’s Workshop and the American Humanist Association’s Humanist Legal Society.
Maha is a polyglot – meaning, she speaks several languages, including English (her native tongue), Spanish, and Urdu/Hindi.
Maha has an extensive background in family law and primarily practices in this area. She has successfully represented her clients in the areas of:
- Divorce, including complex financial matters, maintenance, and Separation Agreements
- Parenting time, including relocation, modification, and Parenting Plans
- Decision-making, including modification
- Child Support, including arrears and retroactive modification
- Foreign decree registrations
- Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Domestic Relationship Agreements
- Mediation and settlement
In her spare time (when she has it), Maha loves international travel, stand-up comedy, writing, and studio art. She is the author of The Book of BIG Questions, a children’s book for freethinking parents. She is also currently writing a sci-fi thriller involving quantum physics.